Orbitalum introduces the Tube Cutting, Facing and Orbital Welding Training Program. This program is two days of classroom and hands-on system training that will result in certification of Orbitalum Welding System proficiency.
Classes are held at E.H. Wachs headquarters in our new Technology Center located in Lincolnshire, IL (outside Chicago), or by advance arrangements at the location of your choosing. Attendees are generally limited to 6 operators per class.
The welding operation instruction includes classroom (30%) and hands-on welding lab training (70%). Tube will be supplied and will focus on .750in and 2.0in OD stainless tube (.065in wall).
1st Day (classroom and weld lab):
- Tube cutting intro & operation
- Tube facing intro & operation
- Introduction to the Orbital Welding Power Supply
- Safe operation and warnings
- System set up, configuration, and operational descriptions
- Basic weld head set up & operation descriptions
- Software navigation
- Weld program development
2nd Day (classroom and weld lab):
- Cutting & facing coupons
- Develop basic programs
- Weld & modify with developed programs
- Step weld programming
- Simplified ZL (zeroth law) weld programming
- Orbitwin introduction & operation
- ORBmax introduction & operation
- Test & certification
- Graduation and wrap up
This 2-day training course is hosted at the
ITW Orbital Cutting & Welding training facility located at:
E.H. Wachs / Orbitalum
600 Knightsbridge Parkway
Lincolnshire, IL 60069 USA
Our facility is located less than 30 minutes
north of O’Hare International Airport near Chicago.