Orbitalum’s BRB 2 is a lightweight, handheld end prep beveler engineered to produce precise, highly repeatable weld preps. Its designed for simultaneous facing, beveling and counterboring tube and pipes (including stainless steel) from .5” (12.75mm) to .945” (24mm) I.D. up to a wall thickness of .315” (6mm). Available in Electric, Pneumatic and Pneumatic Auto Clamping models with standard or NC style clamping.
Powerful and robust Boiler Tube Prep Machine. Counterbore and bevel pipes made from high-alloy steel (stainless steel), low-alloy and carbon steel with the unique tool system QTC®. Designed for pipe end preparations and boiler pipe applications.
- Handy and compact design
- Precise and reproducible weld preparation
- Fast application with the BRB Pneumatic/Auto by means of pneumatic clamping, ideal for continuous production e.g. boiler and heat exchanger applications
- High performance and lightweight
- High-performance coated tool bits with up to 4 cutting edges
- Quick clamping system for tools with easy adjustment
- Adjustable air outlet
- Easy to change tools
- Tools adaptable on all BRB machines
- Possibility to retrofit to previous BRB models to BRB Pneumatic/Auto and to the new clamping system "NC"
- Up to 3 tools can be used at the same time
Orbitalum BRB 2 Boiler Tube Machines Include:
- (1) Boiler Pipe Preparation Machine BRB 2
- (1) Durable storage and shipping case
- Tool retainer, clamping sets, mandrels, application kits
- (1) KSS-TOP lubricant spray pump KSS-TOP (Code 790 060 226)
- (1) Tool set
- (1) Set of operating instructions and spare parts list
The BRB machines are available in the following drive versions:
- Electric: 230 V, 50/60 Hz EU or 120 V, 50/60 Hz EU/US
- Electric drive with single-phase AC motor, protection class II (double insulated),
- Built-in electronic variable cutting speed
- Pneumatic: Pneumatic power drive. Manufacturer’s warranty can only be given when using a mobile air unit. We recommend the mobile air unit from Orbitalum Tools (Code 790 093 060).
- Pneumatic/Auto: Pneumatic multi-disc motor with additional pneumatic clamping system. Time is of the essence when installing or repairing boiler pipes, the new pneumatic clamping system greatly reduces the time to both clamp and release the machine, improving efficiency. The machine centers itself on the inside diameter of the pipe and then clamps automatically by using the toggle switch, likewise the toggle switch releases the clamping after the machining operation. This is why the BRB with automatic pneumatic clamping is ideal for continuous production e.g. boiler and heat exchanger applications.
Inside Diameter (ID) to Outside Diameter (OD):
Orbitalum Product Code:
790 085 041
15.7" x 18.9" x 4.7" (400 x 480 x 120mm)
12.3 lbs (5.6 kg)
1 Year Limited Warranty